Extensometers for materials testing
Averaging Extensometers for ASTM D5656 Adhesive Lap Shear Tests – Model 4013
Epsilon extensometers are COMPATIBLE WITH VIRTUALLY EVERY BRAND OF TEST EQUIPMENT and can be supplied with the correct connector to plug in directly, or supplied with a separate conditioner and amplifier.
WITH EPSILON’S 20+ YEAR HISTORY OF SERVICE to the materials testing community, you know we will be there to stand behind our products when your critical application requires it.
36 EXTENSOMETER MODELS are available in many thousands of variations. Our focus on helping customers has led to the development of models to cover nearly any test method.
The Model 4013 extensometer meets the requirements of ASTM D5656 for measuring the strain properties of an adhesive in shear. It uses different contact point spacing compared to the extensometer shown in D5656. This makes it much easier to mount and eliminates the slippage problems associated with the design shown in D5656. The Model 4013 is available with all of Epsilon’s temperature configurations. It has a 3 mm (0.12 inches) full scale measuring range. The conical point contacts included with the extensometer are made from tungsten carbide.
The Model 4013 extensometers are strain gaged devices, making them compatible with any electronics designed for strain gaged transducers. Most often they are connected to a test machine controller. The signal conditioning electronics for the extensometer is typically included with the test machine controller or may often be added. In this case the extensometer is shipped with the proper connector and wiring to plug directly into the electronics. For systems lacking the required electronics, Epsilon can provide a variety of solutions, allowing the extensometer output to be connected to data acquisition boards, chart recorders or other equipment.
- High accuracy – strain is measured on opposite sides of the specimen and output as an average (single connector), or optionally as two independent readings (two connectors).
- Meets the requirements of ASTM D5656.
- Easy mounting, attaches with an integral spring.
- Includes the Epsilon Shunt Calibration System for on-site electrical calibration.
- Rugged, dual flexure design for improved performance.
- Full bridge, 350 ohm strain gaged design for compatibility with nearly any test system.
- Includes high quality foam lined case.
Excitation: 5 to 10 VDC recommended, 12 VDC or VAC max.
Output: 2 to 4 mV/V, nominal, depending on model
Linearity: ≤0.2% of full scale measuring range
Temperature Range: Standard (-ST) is -40 °C to +100 °C (-40 °F to 210 °F)
Cable: Integral, ultra-flexible cable, 2.5 m (8 ft) standard
- Option for independent left and right measurement outputs (two connectors – requires two strain channels)
- Connectors to interface to nearly any brand of test equipment
Click table options to configure
|-270 °C to 100 °C (-454 °F to 210 °F)||-LT||LT|
|-40 °C to 100 °C (-40 °F to 210 °F)||-ST||ST|
|-40 °C to 150 °C (-40 °F to 300 °F)||-HT1||HT1|
|-40 °C to 200 °C (-40 °F to 400 °F)||-HT2||HT2|
|-270 °C to 200 °C (-454 °F to 400 °F)||-LHT||LHT|