Extensometers for materials testing
High Temperature Transverse Extensometers (700 °C) – Model 7675
Designed for transverse or diametral strain measurement in environmental chambers where the entire extensometer must be exposed to elevated temperatures. These capacitive extensometers may be used up to 700 °C (1300 °F) without any cooling.
Epsilon extensometers are COMPATIBLE WITH VIRTUALLY EVERY BRAND OF TEST EQUIPMENT and can be supplied with the correct connector to plug in directly.
36 EXTENSOMETER MODELS are available in many thousands of variations. Our focus on helping customers has led to the development of models to cover nearly any test method.
WITH EPSILON’S 20+ YEAR HISTORY OF SERVICE to the materials testing community, you know we will be there to stand behind our products when your critical application requires it.
These transverse extensometers use a high-temperature capacitive sensor and do not require any cooling. They will operate up to the maximum temperature limit of most environmental chambers used in materials testing. The Model 7675 is ideal for determination of Poisson’s ratio, and for transverse strain characterization of anisotropic materials such as composites. All units can accommodate both positive and negative displacements.
Model 7675 transverse extensometers are compatible with most Model 7642 high-temperature axial extensometers. Together, these extensometers are suitable for high temperature measurement of Poisson’s ratio per ASTM E132 with most materials and specimens.
The 7675 is supplied with the advanced DT6229 controller. The standard output is 0-10VDC analog signal, factory calibrated with the extensometer. This system provides a number of functional enhancements, including high speed digital output, built in calibration and tare functions, analog and digital filters, and more.
- May be left on through specimen failure.
- Self-supporting on specimen.
- Improved accuracy, resolution, and noise rejection at high temperature.
- Reduced size and weight, and improved high frequency performance.
- All standard models are suitable for cyclic testing, >25 Hz is typical..
- Digital controller and power supply included. Provides high level DC voltage output with low noise. Easily interfaced to test controllers, data acquisition boards, and chart recorders.
- Includes high speed analog and digital outputs
- Intuitive web-based user interface for setup, calibration, and data acquisition
- Built-in calibration reference and auto-zero features
- Multiple extensometer calibration files may be loaded for use with one controller
- Multiple temperature-specific calibrations may be stored
- Selectable analog and digital filter options from 2 Hz to 3 kHz
- Ships fully calibrated with electronics (traceable to NPL (UK)) with user specified voltage output.
- Mechanical over-travel protection.
- Durable stainless steel knife edges.
- Includes high quality foam lined case.
- Rugged, dual flexure design for strength and improved performance. The next-generation design enables cyclic testing at much higher frequencies.
Analog Output: User specified, ±5 VDC or ±10VDC typical, ±10.8VDC rail
Digital Output: 24 bit high speed Ethernet output with built-in web interface
Linearity: 11 point linearization, ≤0.15% of full scale typical
Resolution: <55 PPM (0.006%FS) RMS @ 4 kHz, <6 PPM (0.0006%FS) @ 100 Hz
Analog Filter: Selectable 100 Hz analog and 2 Hz – 3 kHz digital filters
Temperature Range: Ambient to 700 °C (1300 °F). Use up to 800 °C is possible – contact Epsilon for details. Springs may require periodic adjustment or replacement after long-term testing above ~600 °C.
Temperature Sensitivity (Gain): <100 PPM / °C (0.01%FS/°C) typical (see Temperature Sensitivity Compensation)
Sensor Cable: 0.7 m (2.5 ft) tri-axial high temperature cable, plus 1.5 m (5 ft) room temperature extension cable
Specimen Size: Fits round samples up to 25 mm (1.0 inch) diameter and flats up to 25 mm (1.0 inch) wide
Operating Force: 1-2 kgf (30-60 oz) typical, depending on model
Environment: Recommended for elevated temperature testing in dry air or inert / non-corrosive gases
Overall Dimensions: Contact Epsilon for overall dimensions
Power: Includes power supply for your country (specify)
Click table options to configure
|±2.5 mm *||-025M||025M|
|±0.10 in *||-100T||100T|