Extensometers for materials testing
Miniature Transverse (Diametral) Extensometers – Model 3475
Epsilon extensometers are COMPATIBLE WITH VIRTUALLY EVERY BRAND OF TEST EQUIPMENT and can be supplied with the correct connector to plug in directly, or supplied with a separate conditioner and amplifier.
WITH EPSILON’S 20+ YEAR HISTORY OF SERVICE to the materials testing community, you know we will be there to stand behind our products when your critical application requires it.
36 EXTENSOMETER MODELS are available in many thousands of variations. Our focus on helping customers has led to the development of models to cover nearly any test method.
This model clips easily onto the sample with an integral spring to hold the unit in place. It can be adjusted to work on any size sample from 0 to 25 mm (0-1 inch) width or diameter. The Model 3475 has an arm thickness of only 3.81 mm (0.15 inches), and will work simultaneously with any axial extensometer having sufficient clearance between arms (not all versions of the 3442 miniature extensometer can be used). Large radius contacts prevent the unit from digging into the samples. This model utilizes Epsilon’s dual flexure design, allowing use in dynamic applications. All units have measuring ranges in both directions.
The Model 3475 extensometers are strain gaged devices, making them compatible with any electronics designed for strain gaged transducers. Most often they are connected to a test machine controller. The signal conditioning electronics for the extensometer is typically included with the test machine controller or may often be added. In this case the extensometer is shipped with the proper connector and wiring to plug directly into the electronics. For systems lacking the required electronics, Epsilon can provide a variety of solutions, allowing the extensometer output to be connected to data acquisition boards, chart recorders or other equipment.
- May be left on through specimen failure.
- Full bridge, 350 ohm strain gaged design for compatibility with nearly any test system.
- All models will measure both positive and negative displacements.
- Easy to mount, with integral springs to keep the extensometer on the sample.
- Self-supporting on the specimen.
- All standard units have linearity readings of 0.20% or better.
- Includes the Epsilon Shunt Calibration System for on-site electrical calibration.
- Rugged, dual flexure design for strength and improved performance. Much stronger than single flexure designs, this also allows cyclic testing at higher frequencies.
- Includes high quality foam lined case.
Output: 2 to 4 mV/V, nominal, depending on model
Linearity: ≤0.20% of full scale measuring range
Temperature Range: Standard (-ST) is -40 °C to +100 °C (-40 °F to 210°F)
Cable: Integral, ultra-flexible cable, 2.5 m (8 ft) standard
Specimen Size: Works with samples up to 25 mm (1 inch) width or diameter
- Connectors to interface to nearly any brand of test equipment
Click table options to configure
|mm or inches||#|
|-270 ˚C to 100 ˚C (-454 ˚F to 210 ˚F)||-LT||LT|
|-40 ˚C to 100 ˚C (-40 ˚F to 210 ˚F)||-ST||ST|
|-40 ˚C to 150 ˚C (-40 ˚F to 300 ˚F)||-HT1||HT1|
|-40 ˚C to 200 ˚C (-40 ˚F to 400 ˚F)||-HT2||HT2|
|-270 ˚C to 200 ˚C (-454 ˚F to 400 ˚F)||-LHT||LHT|