Extensometers for materials testing
High Elongation Extensometers – Model 3800
Designed for rubber, elastomer and high-elongation plastics testing for strains from 100%-2000%ε. Their unique design allows testing to failure and minimizes interaction with the sample.
to the materials testing community, you know we will be there to stand behind our products when your critical application requires it.
38 EXTENSOMETER MODELS are available in many thousands of variations. Our focus on helping customers has led to the development of models to cover nearly any test method.
The main body of this unique extensometer remains stationary during testing, held in position by the adjustable magnetic base included. Only the very light, small traveling heads move as the sample elongates during a test. These attach to the sample with small spring clips. Each head pulls a cord out from the extensometer as the head moves.
These models use low friction potentiometers and have a range of factory-selectable outputs. The extensometer is driven by an excitation voltage and has output proportional to the input. They are provided with outputs that mimic strain gaged devices (2-4 mV/V). The Model 3800 can be used with virtually any signal conditioning electronics designed for strain gaged sensors. For systems lacking the required electronics, Epsilon can provide a variety of solutions for signal conditioning.
- May be left on through specimen failure.
- Applicable for testing to ASTM D412.
- The main body is stationary with only the lightweight traveling heads moving.
- Comes with an adjustable magnetic base for easy mounting.
- Large measuring range to 500 mm (20 inches).
- Includes the Epsilon Shunt Calibration System for on-site electrical calibration.
- Includes high quality foam lined case.
- Low cost strain measurement for testing high-elongation materials (>100%ε).
Excitation: 5 to 10 VDC recommended, 12 VDC or VAC max.
Output: 2 to 4 mV/V, nominal; select at time of order
Accuracy: ±1 mm (±0.040 inches)
Resolution: 0.2 mm (0.008 inches)
Temperature Range: -40 °C to 100 °C (-40 °F to 210 °F)
Cable: Integral, ultra-flexible cable, 2.5 m (8 ft) standard
Operating Force: <200 grams typical per head
- Adapter kits to change gauge lengths.
- Connectors to interface to nearly any brand of test equipment.
Click table options to configure
|mm or inches||#|
Example: 3800-0100-100T: 1.0 inch gauge length, +10 inches measuring range (+1000% strain), temperature range of -40 °F to 210 °F