Extensometers for materials testing
Transverse (Diametral) Extensometers – Model 3575
Epsilon extensometers are COMPATIBLE WITH VIRTUALLY EVERY BRAND OF TEST EQUIPMENT and can be supplied with the correct connector to plug in directly, or supplied with a separate conditioner and amplifier.
WITH EPSILON’S 20+ YEAR HISTORY OF SERVICE to the materials testing community, you know we will be there to stand behind our products when your critical application requires it.
36 EXTENSOMETER MODELS are available in many thousands of variations. Our focus on helping customers has led to the development of models to cover nearly any test method.
Self-supporting on the test sample, these extensometers will work on any width or diameter specimen from 0 to 25 mm (0-1 inch). Most often they are used simultaneously with Epsilon’s axial extensometers, and together these extensometers are suitable for measurement of Poisson’s ratio per ASTM E132, for transverse measurements with anisotropic materials like many composites, and for r-value testing of sheet metal specimens per ASTM E517.
These units easily clip onto the sample and are held in place with an integral spring. Rounded contact surfaces maintain the position on the specimen. All models are high accuracy strain gaged units.
Model 3575 extensometers are strain gaged devices, making them compatible with any electronics designed for strain gaged transducers. Most often they are connected to a test machine controller with electronics for a strain channel, and Epsilon will equip the extensometer with a compatible connector that is wired to plug directly into the controller. For systems lacking the required electronics, Epsilon can provide a variety of signal conditioning solutions that enable connecting to data acquisition systems or other equipment.
- May be left on through specimen failure.
- Full bridge, 350 ohm strain gaged design for compatibility with nearly any test system.
- All models will measure both positive and negative displacements.
- Easy to mount, with integral springs to keep the extensometer on the sample.
- Self-supporting on the specimen.
- All standard units have linearity readings of 0.20% or better.
- Includes the Epsilon Shunt Calibration System for on-site electrical calibration.
- Rugged, dual flexure design for strength and improved performance. Much stronger than single flexure designs, this also allows cyclic testing at higher frequencies.
- Includes high quality foam lined case and spare set of tool steel knife edges.
Output: 2 to 4 mV/V, nominal, depending on model
Linearity: ≤0.20% of full scale measuring range, depending on model
Temperature Range: Standard (-ST) is -40 °C to +100 °C (-40 °F to 210°F)
Cable: Integral, ultra-flexible cable, 2.5 m (8 ft) standard
Specimen Size: Works with samples up to 25 mm (1 inch) width or diameter
- Connectors to interface to nearly any brand of test equipment
- Specialty Knife Edges
Click table options to configure
|mm or inches||#|
|-270 ˚C to 100 ˚C (-454 ˚F to 210 ˚F)||-LT||LT|
|-40 ˚C to 100 ˚C (-40 ˚F to 210 ˚F)||-ST||ST|
|-40 ˚C to 150 ˚C (-40 ˚F to 300 ˚F)||-HT1||HT1|
|-40 ˚C to 200 ˚C (-40 ˚F to 400 ˚F)||-HT2||HT2|
|-270 ˚C to 200 ˚C (-454 ˚F to 400 ˚F)||-LHT||LHT|
If your unit is in need of service, calibration or repair, initiate the RMA process with us and we will be happy to assist.
Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to get the most up-to-date information on products and services.
Our 2022 Extensometer Catalog, Version 110 is now available! Not finding something you’re looking for? Ask us about a custom quote.