Extensometers for materials testing
Sheet Metal r-Value Extensometers – Model 3575AVG
Epsilon extensometers are COMPATIBLE WITH VIRTUALLY EVERY BRAND OF TEST EQUIPMENT and can be supplied with the correct connector to plug in directly, or supplied with a separate conditioner and amplifier.
WITH EPSILON’S 20+ YEAR HISTORY OF SERVICE to the materials testing community, you know we will be there to stand behind our products when your critical application requires it.
36 EXTENSOMETER MODELS are available in many thousands of variations. Our focus on helping customers has led to the development of models to cover nearly any test method.
This extensometer is self-supporting on the sample. It has rounded contact edges which measure the sample at two locations. As the test sample is pulled, the contact edges follow the part of the sample they were mounted on, measuring lateral strain on the sample at the same location throughout the test. The extensometer has a single output, which is the average of the two lateral measurements.
Model 3575AVG extensometers are applicable for testing to ISO 10113 and ASTM E517. They are used with a 50 mm or 2 inch gauge length Model 3542 extensometer, which measures the axial strain.
Model 3575AVG extensometers are strain gaged devices, making them compatible with any electronics designed for strain gaged transducers. Most often they are connected to a test machine controller with electronics for a strain channel, and Epsilon will equip the extensometer with a compatible connector that is wired to plug directly into the controller. For systems lacking the required electronics, Epsilon can provide a variety of signal conditioning solutions that enable connecting to data acquisition systems or other equipment.
- May be left on through specimen failure.
- Single clip-on unit directly measures lateral strain as an average of two locations.
- Greatly speeds up testing and allows digital data collection compared to manual measurements.
- Self-supporting on the specimen.
- Measuring range of 2 mm or 0.075 inches (specify when ordering).
- All standard units have linearity readings of 0.15% or better.
- Includes the Epsilon Shunt Calibration System for on-site electrical calibration.
- Rugged, dual flexure design for strength and improved performance. Much stronger than single flexure designs.
- Full bridge, 350 ohm strain gaged design for compatibility with nearly any test system.
- Includes high quality foam lined case and spare set of tool steel knife edges.
Excitation: 5 to 10 VDC recommended, 12 VDC or VAC max.
Output: 2 to 4 mV/V, nominal, depending on model
Linearity: ≤0.15% of full scale measuring range
Temperature Range: Standard (-ST) is 1 °C to +100 °C (33 °F to 210°F)
Cable: Integral, ultra-flexible cable, 2.5 m (8 ft) standard
Specimen Size: Works with samples 9.5 to 25 mm (0.375 to 1.0 inch) width
- Connectors to interface to nearly any brand of test equipment
- Specialty Knife Edges
Click table options to configure
|mm or inches||#|
|1 °C to 100 °C (33 °F to 210 °F)||-ST||ST|
|1 °C to 150 °C (33 °F to 300 °F)||-HT1||HT1|
|1 °C to 200 °C (33 °F to 400 °F)||-HT2||HT2|
Example: 3575AVG-200M-ST: 2.0 mm measuring range, low temperature option (1 °C to 100 °C)